Thursday, February 17, 2011

Maytag Washer Spin Cycle Problem

The wild west


Stephen Shore (American, b. 1947): ALLEY, PRESIDIO, TEXAS, FEBRUARY 21, 1975, © Stephen Shore

So I imagine the scenery, when I'm back to one of my favorite books - On the Road by Jack Kerouac - and grab me a little literary drive across America leave. Where I've personally never before. Here is a picture of the photographer Stephen Shore, which is now seen, including in the exhibition "New Topographics " which is currently shown in the SK Stiftung Kultur Cologne . Among others.

For many other artists and virtuoso camera are represented here, including Bernd and Hilla Becher, photographed with the preference (or rather only) half-timbered houses and old mines in black and white. 1975 this exhibition was first shown, most of the participants were still unknown at this time - now, almost all seen by them photographed in the first league, I would say. So worth seeing.

stopping by the media can park it until 27 March, is open daily (except Wednesdays) from 14 to 19 clock and the entrance fee is 4.50 € / 2 € discount. (And pssst: Mondays and admission is free!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment